This is why we love neuro chemistry #weareneurochemistry https://t.co/KoNd527oR9
@ISN_society #weareneurochemistry Neurochemistry is the "Fantastic symphony of the mind" or the "Mind's fantastic molecular chorus"
This is my motivation for working on #Neuriscience and that's why I love what I do @ISN_society #weareneurochemistry @neuroscience #brain https://t.co/0RFQIPKrjE
This is why we love neuro chemistry #weareneurochemistry https://t.co/95QW5SAzxu
Nutrient content not taste drives food preference in rats via dorsal and ventral striatum respectively. I Araujo lab. #weareneurochemistry
This is why we love neuro chemistry #weareneurochemistry https://t.co/dqoNQ4bHhk
Answering questions after my talk at ISN 2017 meeting in Paris #WeAreNeurochemistry https://t.co/AFUZpMqKXY
HOW TO ENTER: 1. Fill out the registration form and submit your photo, video, tweet or story. 2. Share your entry with the hashtag #WeAreNeurochemistry and ask your friends to vote! (They can vote once a day throughout the campaign). The entry with the most votes wins.
WILEY AND ISN #WEARENEUROCHEMISTRY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Wiley and International Society for Neurochemistry (“ISN”) #WEARENEUROCHEMISTRY contest (the “Contest”) is John Wiley & Sons Limited, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ, England (the “Sponsor”)
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open globally to entrants who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and representatives of Sponsor and ISN, their related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, "Contest Entities"), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such individual (whether related or not) are not eligible. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. British Summer time (“BST”) on 26 July 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. BST on 24 August 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
5. CONTEST SUBMISSION:
Submission Phase: During the Contest, visit http://weareneurochemistry.hscampaigns.com/ to fill out the registration form and submit your photo, video, tweet or story (“Entry” or “Entries”).
By entering, entrant warrants that his or her Entry:
- Adheres to all listed Technical Specifications set forth below.
- Is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Has not been published in any medium.
- Has not been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or won an award.
- Complies with all Content Restrictions set forth below.
The Entry must NOT contain:
- Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior or language.
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
- Brand names or trademarks.
- Photos or videos of artwork without proper license or ownership.
- Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created.
Any Entry that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene or otherwise does not comply with the above restrictions (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall not be eligible and shall result in disqualification.
Photograph Entries Entrants must upload files of the Photograph that comply with the following specifications:
- File size: Under 30 MB
- Formats: JPG, PNG, GIF
Video Entries Entrants must upload files of the Video that comply with the following specifications:
- Duration: Minimum of 20 seconds long
- File Size: Under 300MB
- Formats: MPEG (.mpg), QuickTime (.mov), AVI (.avi), Windows Media (.wmv). Flash Video (fly), or Real Media (.m).
Failure of any Entry to comply with the above specifications (collectively, the “Technical Specifications”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification and removal from the site. Entrants shall supply, upon request, original, unmodified digital files.
Each participant may enter an unlimited number of Entries during the Contest Period. The Entry with the most votes will win. To vote, go to http://weareneurochemistry.hscampaigns.com/ then click on the cast your vote tab, and then click on the image you wish to vote for. Each voter is limited to one vote per day.
In the event of a tie vote, the winner will be selected from the tied entries by a panel of judges from Wiley and ISN. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and shall result in disqualification.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and shall result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register shall be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Limit one prize per entrant.
6. LICENSE: Entrant retains ownership of the copyright in any submitted Entry. However, by entering this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor and ISN the non-exclusive irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual right to edit, adapt, use and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of the Entry without compensation to the entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. Entries will be given attribution credit based on the name supplied with the Entry. ENTERING AN ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR AND ISN OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST WINNERS. The winner shall be announced on or about 25 August 2017 on the @Neuroscience and @ISN-secretariat Twitter accounts. The winner will subsequently be notified by email on or about 25 August 2017. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the chosen Entry shall be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The winner must comply with all contest rules as published. The potential prize winner shall be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the second most number of votes. The winner agrees to conduct any and all media interviews related to the Contest if requested and not disparage Sponsor or ISN during any such interviews. Winner agrees to modify its Entry in any way dictated by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable shall result in forfeiture of any prize, and the prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the second most number of votes. Winner must supply all necessary files in a format that complies with the Technical Specifications. The winner shall work with Sponsor and/or ISN to change the file in any way deemed necessary for publication of the Entry. These requirements apply to all entrants.
8. PRIZES: ONE (1) PRIZE: The winning Entry wins an iPad Mini 4. Approximate Retail Value: £319.00. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution shall be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if a designated prize or component should become unavailable for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize – any item, feature, cost or expense not specifically listed as part of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's agreement and consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, Entry and/or prize information, for promotional purposes worldwide in any media without further notice, payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner for the Contest from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. RELEASE: By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
12. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: (i) participation in this Contest; (ii) human error; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (vii) acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of prize or prize component; or (viii) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Contest Entities.
13. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of England and Wales; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor and ISN in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
15. RULES/WINNER LIST REQUESTS: To obtain these rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WILEY #WEARENEUROCHEMISTRY CONTEST Official Rules/Winner List Request, c/o Alexa Dugan, John Wiley & Sons Limited, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ, England. Or send an email to email@example.com. Requests for winner list must be received by 24 November 2017.